A user will get a "No Connection" message when they are unable to make a valid connection to the central HomeDrive server.
Possible causes are:
- Your firewall is preventing HomeDrive from making an SSH connection
- Your virus scanner is preventing the HomeDrive.SAgent3 sync component from running
- A Proxy Server is interfering
- A slow or unstable Internet connection error
Some quick troubleshooting steps:
- Make sure the PC is connected to the Internet.
- Test your connection by browsing to www.homedrive.co.nz
- Check if you are behind a Proxy server or a Firewall (see below)
To check if you are behind a Proxy:
- Open Internet Explorer and go to Internet Options
- Connections tab
- LAN Settings. Nothing should be checked in here.
A Network Admin may need to allow HomeDrive to connect to ports 80 and 443 as they are needed for http and https - standard port 443 is needed for SSH as well - which are commonly blocked on corporate firewalls.