As part of the vGRID philosophy of continuous improvement and best of breed technology, we have upgraded vGRID Exchange Mail to the latest platform, Exchange Server 2016.
vGRID Exchange Mail brings a new set of technologies, features, and services based on Exchange Server 2016, the messaging platform that provides email, scheduling, and tools for custom collaboration and messaging service applications. Its goal is to support people and organisations as their work habits evolve from a communication focus to a collaboration focus.
For ease of migration we have developed the vGRID Exchange Mail preparation wizard which is designed to assist with moving you to vGRID Exchange Mail. It will take the configuration from theCloud Exchange Mail, convert it and publish it into vGRID Exchange Mail.
It’s a pretty simple process, make sure that you have 10-15 minutes of uninterrupted time to complete the migration.
Log into the customer portal and under the theCloud Exchange Mail menu you will see a new button called vGRID Exchange Mail Preparation. Click on the vGRID Exchange Mail Preparation button and from there you can then click Start Preparation.
Once the preparation has completed, theCloud Exchange Mail will be greyed (locked) out and you are ready to migrate your mailboxes to the new platform.
Follow the steps above to migrate all of your mailboxes to the new platform.
Finally: To finish the migration click on the Complete Migration button.
1. New larger mailbox plans
- POP 200MB [$2.00] mailboxes will be converted to Basic 512MB [$3.00]
- Full Exchange mailboxes up to 25GB will be converted to Standard 25GB [$12.00]
- Full Exchange mailboxes over 25GB will be converted to Enterprise 50GB [$22.00]
2. Passwords will be copied, unless they do not meet the minimum complexity requirement. If they do not meet the password requirements, a random generated password will be assigned until you apply a new password.
3. Room and Equipment mailboxes will be created under the Resources tab
4. Distribution groups will be created & members added
5. Contacts will be created
6. Verified Domains will be registered