Here are the steps for setting up your IMAP email account in a Windows Operating System.
1. Open Control Panel --> Mail (32-bit).
2. Click on E-mail Accounts --> New
3. Click on "Manual Setup or additional server types" --> Click Next
4. Choose "Internet E-mail". For outlook 2013 onwards, choose "POP or IMAP"
5. Enter information as per the directions below:
- Your name: Your display name
- Email Address: Your full email address
- Account Type: IMAP
- Incoming server name: imap.vgrid.nz
- Outgoing server: smtp.vgrid.nz
- User name: Your full email address
- Password: Your mailbox password
6. Click on More Settings...
7. Click on Outgoing Server tab and tick the box "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication"
8. Click on the Advanced tab
- Change the first "Use the following type of encryption connection:" dropdown from 'None' to 'SSL'
- Change the second "Use the following type of encryption connection:" dropdown from 'None' to 'Auto'
- Change the "Outgoing server (SMTP):" from 25 to 587
9. Click OK button
10. Click Next - this would automatically test the account settings
11. Click Close --> Finish.
If you have any queries please email us at email@example.com