Here are the steps for setting up your POP email account in a Windows Operating System.
1. Open Control Panel --> Mail (32-bit).
2. Click on E-mail Accounts --> New
3. Click on "Manual Setup or Addtional server types" --> Click Next
4. Choose "Internet E-mail". For outlook 2013 onwards, choose "POP or IMAP"
5. Enter information as per the directions below:
- Account Type: POP3
- Incoming server name: pop.vgrid.nz
- Outgoing server: smtp.vgrid.nz
- User name: Your full email address
- Password: Your mailbox password
DO NOT Click on "Test Account Settings" yet
6. Click More Settings --> Under General --> Mail Account --> Give this Email-Account a name
7. Under Outgoing server --> Check "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication" + Select "Use the same Settings as my incoming mail server"
8. Advanced --> Make sure that you have the following settings:
- Incoming server (POP3): 995
- Check "This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL)"
- Outgoing server (SMTP): 587 (by default that would be 25)
- Use the following type of encrypted connection: Auto
- Delivery: Your choice
9. Click OK
10. Click Next (This would automatically test the account settings)
11. Click Close --> Finish.
Not sure what Outlook clients are supported? Click here
If you have any queries please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org